Mario Sports Mix is a fast-paced and fun sports game for Wii featuring all your favorite Nintendo characters in over-the-top Mushroom Kingdom athletic action. Events included in the game include basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and hockey playable both on ice and elsewhere. Additional features include: multiplayer support, including four-player co-op play and two-on-two competitive play; special devastating moves available for each character; the ability to use koopa shells and other means against opposing players; a variety of game environments and more.
Over-the top Mushroom Kingdom sports action.
Sports With an Over-the-Top, Mario Twist
Mario Sports Mix is an arcade style sports game that pits your favorite Nintendo characters against each other in four action-packed sports genres. Sports include: basketball, dodgeball, volleyball and hockey. Hockey fans will enjoy the ability to play both on the ice, as well as on the field. Characters that players can expect to see include: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Princess Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Toad, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and others that will be revealed in-game. Characters each possess general abilities, but also have particular play styles, some being faster, stronger, all-around stronger than others or more precise than others. In addition to this, players are able to disturb the play of opponents using Nintendo themed means, for instance koopa shells, banana peels and walking bombs. Each player also possesses their own nearly unstoppable special ability, which can be unleashed after they fill their individual power gauges. Also, players will collect coins and gather multipliers, bonuses and other special items as they play and also as they succeed against opponents.
Although Mario Sports Mix can be enjoyed as a single player game, it is built from the ground up with multiplayer fun in mind. All sports featured in the game include both a local cooperative multiplayer option for up to four players, as well as a four-player competitive multiplayer option in two-on-two action. The game also features two-on-two online multiplayer against friends, or random players.
Key Game Features
- Your favorite Nintendo characters battle in four sporting events: basketball, volleyball, hockey and dodgeball. The basic rules of the games remain in play, but each also includes special Nintendo flavored elements like coins and special items that ramp up the craziness and fun.
- Along with standard play, gathering coins will build up bonus points. So when players score a point or basket, they also get the added bonus.
- Players can collect items like a koopa shell to use against their opponents, even using special items to beat up on the other team while shooting or spiking.
- Every character has a signature move that's almost impossible for opponents to stop. A sampling of these include Mario's fireball moves or Princess Peach's heart-filled attacks.
- Use a variety of tricks to keep opponents guessing at your next move.
- Multiplayer support in every sport includes cooperative play with up to three friends or competitive action with up to four players in two-on-two matches.
4 varieties of sports.
All our favorite characters.
4 player multiplayer support.
Character specific moves.